Form field with two field of which one with two drop down lists | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,
I am making a survey where I ask people to indicate what language the relatives of a child (father/mother/caretaker/grandparents/teachers/brothers and sisters) speak to the child and from what age (in years and months) they speak that language to the child. I found out I can handle this question in two ways, but for both ways I cannot seem to make it work the way I want it to.
The first option is a form field question where I make a separate question for every relative. Each question should have two field: the first for the language and the second for the age. The age in years and months should be in a drop down list and should be accompanied by a text saying '... years and ... months'. So the question should look something like this:
What language does your child's teacher speak to your child? From what age does he/she speak this language to your child?
Language *text box*
From age *drop down with years* years and *drop down with months* months.
Can someone tell me if it is possible to make a question like this? And if it is, can you tell me how I can generate codes for this?
The other option I found is a Matrix table, where I can make one statement for every relative, followed by a column for the language and two columns with a drop down list, one for years and one for months (see image). However, it would be better to have years and months in the same column, so with two drop down lists in the same column. Does anyone know if this is possible to do?
I am very new to Qualtrics so my knowledge on the use of (Java) codes is very limited. A not too complex explanation would be very helpful. Or suggestions for other question formats are also appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Afbeelding vraag qualtrics.png

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply