Game: Spot the difference in a picture | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hey everyone,

in a survey I would need to implement the "spot the difference" game (this well-known game in which people have to spot a difference between two pictures). My intention is to use this game and study participants can only proceed to the next survey page when they have clicked on the difference in the picture. Is it possible to implement that in an easy way or would I need some specific code?

Thank you very much!

Moritz
Hi, you could use the "Heat Map" question type for this.

When you "answer" a Heat Map question, your answer is actually the X and Y coordinate of the point that you clicked. In your survey flow / display logic you can then say the X should be greater than (number) and lower than (number), likewise for Y, to define your accepted region where your difference is. (tip, in preview mode, answer this question twice, with the top left and top right corner of your allowed region, download the responses to csv, so you know which numbers to add in your conditions)

In the screenshot below, the two images are identical, but suppose the difference was on the bottom right corner:

!

Kr

Joyca
Thank you very much! That's an outstanding support

Leave a Reply