Get selected Choices from sidebyside question | XM Community
Question

Get selected Choices from sidebyside question

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,
I have a side-by-side question (see below picture) and I want to get users' choices of their rating (from 1-5 which one was chosen) and their selection result (whether "selected" is chosen).
image.png
I tried to use piped text and tried everything in the list, but nothing works. Could anyone suggest any solutions? I also tried setting embedded data, but nothing worked either.

image.pngThank you so much for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

image.pngThe above choice will give the rating of the score, similarly there will be another choice - "Please indicate whether......... - Please rate the song.....7}" which will give whether it was selected / not selected.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Sherry
I hope I have understood your question correctly. If not I apologize.
I believe you have done everything right it is just now about selecting the data you want in the output.
I created a similar question to yours below. Where column left is obviously the left hand set of items and column right would be the right hand set of questions. Test A and Test B are where your songs would be in your situation.
set up.PNGWhen you go to the data and analysis tab of your survey you then should find your question number, and select each column/question combination. In the image below you see that I first click the plus sign in the field to indicate where I want the data to appear. I then select my question ID. My question ID for this question is Q43, so I select it, then I select Right column, test A. So this will give me the answer the participant gave. In your scenario this would be the answer to the question "would you add it to your playlist" for the second song. You would repeat this for each column/question.
question selection.PNGFinally your data will look like this. The bottom row of answer shows when a participant answers every question. In this example (me testing it) the participant scored Song A a 3/5 and said they would add it to the playlist. They scored song B a 4/5 but would not add to the playlist. Finally, the top data is an example of what can go wrong if a participant does not answer each column. In this row, I said that Song A was a score of 1/5 but did not tell you if I would it to my playlist. For Song B, I did the opposite. To avoid this type of data you may wish to add requirements to the question.
data.PNGHope this helps! Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Leave a Reply