'Help' link in the sidebar | XM Community
Question

'Help' link in the sidebar

• 14 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I want to create a 'Help' link in the sidebar. If respondent clicks 'Help', then he will jump to the special 'Help' block, which is not a part of the main survey flow.
It is somewhat similar to TOC. But not entirely similar. The difference will be as follows:
After the respondent has reviewed 'Help', he should be able to return back exactly where he was before clicking 'Help' on the Sidebar.
The survey consists of several blocks.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

This is how I would do it:

1. make the help block it's own survey.

2. use the look and feel to create a help button using JS. From there you have a couple of options: After you make your button and append it to the DOM, A.) (Use an as the innerHTML of your button. OR put an event listener on it. like: helpButton.addEventListener('click',()=>window.open([anon link to help]))).

3. This will make it so a new tab opens up with the help block, and it would not interfere with the main survey.

I can circle back to help with that if you aren't familiar with JS. This will work, I am not leading you astray.

-BUTCHHENRY

Userlevel 3
Badge

The help page (block) will have an option to submit a text message, which will be forwarded to the survey author (me) at my email address. I am concerned that it may be spammed by bots. I do not want to reveal my email address to respondents, either.

Userlevel 3
Badge

> 2. use the look and feel to create a help button using JS. 
>
This is what I already have in my Look and Feel > Header:

What JS code should I add to create a clickable sidebar button for the entire survey?
Can I place the code to Look and Feel > Footer ?

Leave a Reply