Hide previously selected responses in a loop | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear community, 

I’ve set up a quasi-experimental design where participants can voluntarily select a piece of information about a certain topic, subsequently answer a few questions and repeat this process for 10 times. To do this, I have set up a block in the survey, where I added multiple choice questions that are connected to the pieces of information with “if-statements”. Attached you see an illustration of the process. 

“Choice of impact category” is a multiple choice, that is linked to “choice of subcategory”, also a multiple choice question, which then in turn is linked to the piece of information as a Text/Graphic format. 

What I would like to do is to hide the choice of the sub-category that was already selected within this 10 rounds, so that participants won’t choose the same statement twice. So for example, if a participant selects the “DEF” statement in one round, this should not be displayed again in the next round(s). 

Is that possible and would anyone know how to do this? 

@JessiH,

You can add display logic to the choices in the sub-category question so that they are only displayed if they haven’t been selected in any loop. For example:

Thank you so much! I had to do some trial and error to figure it out, but it seems to work. such a simple solution, thanks! :) 

Leave a Reply