Horizontal vs. vertical scrolling through pictures on mobile phone | XM Community

Horizontal vs. vertical scrolling through pictures on mobile phone

• 18 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello!
For my next study, I want to mimic a mobile web shop for alcoholic products. More specifically, we want to be able to go through a range of product pictures by scrolling both horizontally and vertically. Respondents need to respondent to our survey via their mobile phone.
However, when I implement vertical and horizontal scrolling by putting the pictures of my products in a hot spot question, I face a couple of difficulties. For the vertical presentation, everything works nicely on my mobile phone. Respondents need to scroll up and down to see the different products, just as we want it to be.
However, in the horizontal condition, the respondents cannot scroll to the left and the right to see the different products, as Qualtrics puts them all on the same page, by just making the pictures very small (and unreadable). Is there any way that we can make respondents scroll horizontally too?
I have tried to solve this issue with a matrix table - carousel view. In this case, both the horizontal and vertical presentation need scrolling. Problem here, however, is that in the horizontal presentation, the pictures are diminished in size once more (and it seems like they cannot be enlarged).
Does anyone know any solution to solve this problem? Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I also have this question. I see no way in the Qualtrics tool to resize the image to force it to be bigger.

Leave a Reply