How do I make the "Next" button skip to a specific page in the survey? | XM Community
Question

How do I make the "Next" button skip to a specific page in the survey?

• 22 January 2020
  • 6 replies

What JS code will I need to use if I would like the "Next button" to take participants to a specific page in the survey?

Please note: Currently in the JS script box, I have inserted the code below as I would like for a new page to appear when a participant selects an option.

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()

{
this.questionclick = function(event,element){ if(jQuery('input[type="radio"]').is(':checked')){jQuery('#NextButton').click();} };

});

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @Thebika is there a reason why you aren't just using branching?
Hi @ClairJ ,

The question I have set up is a MC question. When a participant selects one of the choices, they are automatically redirected to another page and then once they are done reading the contents of that page, they can go back to the original MC question.

I believe (and please correct me if I am wrong), with branch logic I have to say "If participant selects "response", skip to Q#." However, for this particular MC question, the participant doesn't have to select an answer. I would like for the participant to just press "next" and continue with the survey.
Hi @ClairJ ,

Do you know how I would do this with branching?
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @Thebika sorry for the late reply. Here is how I would do it...I think it might accomplish what you want...

Let's say Block 1 is your MC question, Block 2 is your text that they should review, and Block 3 is the rest of your survey. Your flow would be:

Show Block 1
Branch if MC question = redirect choice
Show Block 2
Show Block 1
Show Block 3
Branch if MC question = NOT redirect choice
Show Block 3
End of Survey
@ClairJ

No worries. Thanks for your help. I'll try it out.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Good luck! Also, I had intended some indentation in the above text to make the structure more clear. It should be:

Show Block 1
Branch if MC question = redirect choice
> Show Block 2
> Show Block 1
> Show Block 3
Branch if MC question = NOT redirect choice
> Show Block 3
End of Survey

Leave a Reply