How do I randomise blocks but several blocks but keep one in a constant position? | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have 10 blocks and i want to present them at random, but i want one specific block to always appear in the 5th position. Can someone explain how to do it?
Hello @B3atriz ,

Please fllow the below steps to achieve the requirement.

Step 1: Create 9 embedded data( i.e. except block 5 ) for each block and set them as 0.

Step 2: Create a first Randomizer with show "4" survey element and group the blocks with the respective embedded data set to 1.

Step 3: Create another Randomizer with show "5" survey element and put branch logic to show respective block if respective embedded data is 0.

Step 4: Put Block 5 between the two randomizer in survey flow.

Please find the attached QSF for reference.
thank you 🙂
im really new to qualtrics so i don't know how to open the attachment o.o

i don't think i followed it right, when i preview it it shows no questions. the question i made was an easier to explain version than what i need to do: i need to show a first block, then randomly select one of two 'paths', and inside each of those paths (is where the problem is) i have 10 blocks, and i want to present them all randomly except the first and the last. then i want the everyone, regardless of which path they took, merge in the same last block (i think i know how to do this last bit). when someone first showed me how to do it they didn't use any embebed data...

Leave a Reply