How do I show participants a file they uploaded through the File upload question type? | XM Community
Skip to main content
I added a line of code with piped text, that should show participants a picture that they uploaded just before in the survey, through the file upload question.

First participants upload a picture. With piped text you can conjure up the url of this uploaded file.

On the next page, I show a picture, where the image source is the piped text that refers to the URL of the uploaded file.

See the code below (I replaced all '<' with '[' so you can read the code instead of seeing a non-loading picture).

[div][br][/div]

[ img src="${q://QID649/UploadedFileLink}" style="width: 300px; height: 210px;"]

[div] [/div][div][br][/div]

That way I show participants the picture they just uploaded. This approach works when I pretest the survey.

However, after adding this line of code, the survey keeps giving error messages whenever i want to change something else in the survey (Error: Cannot save, Your browser cannot connect to Qualtrics, and you have X unsafed questions. Check your network connection and try again).

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there something wrong with this line of code?

Geraldo are you still having this issue? I've run into that same error pattern occassionally, myself. Seems to save the questions okay, and then if I log out and back in, I'm good to go.

Where can I find step by step instructions on how to do the following?

• Upload file attachments on to surveys

• Imbed videos into surveys

• Grant certain users limited access to the surveys 

Leave a Reply