How to add % to the numbers in a slider question | XM Community
Solved

How to add % to the numbers in a slider question

• 3 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, I have a slider question in my survey where I want the respondent to give a threshold as an answer, but what is shown on the slider is just numbers from 0 to 100. I wanted to know if it's possible to add % after at least 0 and 100.

icon

Best answer by rondev 6 August 2020, 20:54

View original

9 replies

Badge

This code: jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .numbers li").each(function(){

jQuery(this).text((jQuery(this).text()+"%").trim().replace(" ",""));

});
produces 2 times the '%' symbol (example: 0%%). How can I delete one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/29377#Comment_29377jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .last").text((jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .last").text()+"%").trim().replace(" ",""));

I'm sorry, but could you also give me a code which puts % just for 100. I mean I don't want other numbers to have percentage sign.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/28985#Comment_28985Use this code:
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .first").text((jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .first").text()+"%").trim().replace(" ",""));
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .last").text((jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .last").text()+"%").trim().replace(" ",""));

Hi, I just noticed that in the mobile view the numbers are very cramped now. Is it possible to limit the percent sign only to the first and last numbers?

Thank you, it was great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try the below code:
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .numbers li").each(function(){

jQuery(this).text((jQuery(this).text()+"%").trim().replace(" ",""));

});

Thank you, it worked. The only problem now is that there isn't enough space for 100% so % is shown below 100.
Capture.JPG

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Try the below code,
jQuery('#'+this.questionId+' .numbers').find('li').append('%')

Leave a Reply