How to auto close embedded window in a website feedback project | XM Community

How to auto close embedded window in a website feedback project

• 5 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +30

Even though under the advance option we do have the option to auto close the window once the survey is completed, I found out from Qualtrics support that for some browsers like chrome, the functionality does not work.

Hence I am wondering if it's possible using JS in surveys, as previously we could have added JS in the intercept itself, but do not see that option anymore.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Aanurag_QC - You can have a custom end of survey message like below. This will close the survey window after 4 second.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Badge +30

HI SaurabhKimothi_trail , This won't work as I am trying to close a responsive dialog box on a website. Window. will only work on a new tab or windows I believe.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Aanurag_QC Thats right, it would work only if the responsive dialog box intercept has survey targeted in window or tab. If survey target is anything else which opens survey in iframe instead of window, this script wouldn't work.
If target survey needs to be in iframe only, I would recommend to creating intercept and creatives individually instead of using guided setup as it don't give a way to place some javascript that we can run after intercept is displayed.

image.png
I guess something like below would work for this scenario, haven't tried but just an idea-->
In JavaScript that runs after intercept is displayed, have an event listener that hide the iframe on that even
in survey EOS message, call the event message to parent window.

Badge +30

I tried adding them using what you have mentioned, but again it only works if its window or tab and not for the iframes.

Thanks Anyways

Leave a Reply