HOW TO COLOR THE BACKGROUND OF COLUMNS IN A SIDE by SIDE QUESTION WITHOUT JAVASCRIPT | XM Community
Solved

HOW TO COLOR THE BACKGROUND OF COLUMNS IN A SIDE by SIDE QUESTION WITHOUT JAVASCRIPT

• 18 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, everyone:
I've created a side-x-side question with four columns (see picture below). I'd like to change the color background color of each column. Unfortunately, I don't have Java Script permissions with my version of Qualtrics, so any possible solution would need to take that into account. I'm trying to change the look/feel of only the columns in the question and not change the color of every table in the document. As usual and sincerely . . . Thank you in advance.

Side-x-Side Table-2.png

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 18 February 2021, 15:39

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Try this CSS code in look & feel, replace "QID" in below code with question id of your particular question.
#QID .QuestionBody .Choice .SBS1 {background-color: #ff06;} /* first column*/
#QID .QuestionBody .Choice .SBS2 {background-color: #00a1ff4f;} /* second column*/
#QID .QuestionBody .Choice .SBS3 {background-color: #f3819666;} /* third column*/
#QID .QuestionBody .Choice .SBS4 {background-color: #91f34766;} /* fourth column*/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, ChiragK. I'll give it a try. (I appreciate your help.)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, I'm sure it's probably something I am doing, but the code didn't work for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would appreciate it if anyone has another suggestion about how I can accomplish this OR perhaps help me understand what I might do differently to implement the previous solution. 😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

td.SBS1{Style here}.
Repeat for each.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good morning, ahmedA. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Userlevel 1
Badge

ahmedA - thank you. worked a treat.

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

I am going to have to give this a try.

Leave a Reply