How to have Text-Entry Questions in a Side-By-Side but part of the same question? | XM Community
Solved

How to have Text-Entry Questions in a Side-By-Side but part of the same question?

Badge

Hi everyone,
I've developed a survey that looks at the connections between members of two groups in New Zealand. I've got a question (see below) that asks for the type of the relationship. There are specific types that respondents can tick, but I had to move the option to indicate "other" in a new column, because I wanted to allow entry text, while the rest of the options do not need the open text.
Is there a way to either have them all in one column with different answer types (i.e. open ended or likert) or delete the line between the different types, so that it's understandable it's one single question?
Many thanks,
Lucia
Text-Entry Questions in a Side-By-Side.jpg

icon

Best answer by Tom_1842 18 July 2022, 20:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi there, if you still need, I found a thread that I think will be helpful to you:
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/15264/how-do-you-remove-the-borders-in-a-side-by-side-question
In that, ahmedA provides some JavaScript that will set the border to transparent. I'd recommend asking about 'length of relationship' in a different survey question. Your question might look like the below:
SidebySideRemoveBorders.png

Badge

Thanks heaps Tom_1842!

Leave a Reply