How to hide a specific choice in the next page if respondent has already selected it in previous question? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi community,
I’m trying to set up a survey with lots of service topics, and all the topics share the same time slots. People can choose max. 2 topics and 2 different time slots in a single response, and I hope that when a respondent answer the second question for choosing time slot, the time slot they selected in the first question will automatically disappear, which can prevent respondent from choosing the same /duplicate time slot for 2 different topics. ( Since they could not attend 2 service in the same time)

Below is the only way I know to make the selected choice disappear (the questions below are all different topics) , but it is very manual to add every display logic in every time slots. 

Do you have any good ideas on it? Very appreciate for the reply if someone knows :)

We can carry forward unselected choices in the next question from the first question.

Thank you @Shashi !

I just tried it in my survey, but I soon found 2 issues if I use carry forward choices:

1. It seems that it’s not able to set other display logic after using carry forward choices (we would love to set time slots displayed by weekday, ex: if choose Monday, only the time slots on Monday shows )
  2. It seems that it can only carry forward the choices from “1” question, if there are 10 topics share the same time slots, and I hope that after choosing time slot for all topics (do not know which topic they would select), the selected choice can be disappeared.

Is it possible to resolve this kind of issue? Please let me know if the question is not clear enough, thank you!

Leave a Reply