How to impose a time limit on a whole block, after which you auto advance to the next block? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi there,
I know similar questions have been asked before already, but none of the responses/solutions seem to work properly (or I do not understand them...).
Some background on what I'm trying to accomplish in general: I'm trying to create an experiment with a task where the participant/user has to calculate the sum of 4 random 2-digit numbers (e.g. 40 + 33 + 20 + 99 = ...). I created some form validation with JavaScript to check if the user's input is correct (i.e. the calculation is correct). If it is correct then the user should be allowed to advance to the next question, if it is wrong the user receives an error message and is not allowed to proceed.
My problem: In the same block, the user has a maximum of 25 sums to be solved with a time limit of 4 minutes for the entire block/25 sums. After these 4 minutes, the survey should move on to the next block automatically. I cannot seem to figure how to get this sorted.
Side notes which might be relevant: After each question I want a page break so that users cannot see a next sum until they have correctly entered a previous sum. A timer displayed on the screen showing what is left of the 4 minutes would be nice but not essential. Re

Does someone have any suggestions or solutions to this problem which I can implement, either by using Qualtrics-options or by using JavaScript?

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply