How to increase the border size of a row within a table | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear Qualtrics Community,
I have a talbe with 4 rows and 9 columns and I just want to increase the border size (not of the entire table) but of one of the rows that's in the table. So in particular, I just need to increase the size of the two vertical borders and two horizonal borders that surround this particular row. How do I do that? I've searched the qualtrics archive but was not able to find anything similar. I've tried the rich content editor and played with cell properties and table properties but I've been unsuccessful. I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you!

You'll need to use html and css styles. Edit in source mode:

col1
col2
col9

Dear TomG,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. Apogogies for sounding dense but I'm new to qualtrics and even newer to HTML and CSS styles, but where do you insert the code you gave me?
I tried by first going into rich content editor, selecting the row within the table containing the borders I want to stand out, table properties -> advanced, and insert all the code you provided under Stylesheet Classes but it didn't do anything.
I also tried to insert the code under Style to see if it does anything but it gave me this message: "Value specified for the inline style must consist of one or more tuples with the format of "name : value", separated by semi-colons.".

Would you be able to tell me where to insert the code? Thank you so much again for your time!

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/33315#Comment_33315It goes in the Question text. Click on the HTML view tab then edit.

Leave a Reply