How to populate multi-select fields from spreadsheet | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi everyone,
I'm building a form with requirements that are giving me some difficulty, and am hoping for some solutions!
I've got a spreadsheet of about 9000 institutions, each with a county ID and an associated address.
What I need is for the user to be able to select the county, and have it display the institutions within that county (anywhere between 5 and 50 institutions per county).
THEN, the goal is for the user to be able to select multiple institutions from the available options in a given county, and for the next section to display the selected institutions along with their addresses in an editable field.
I recognize that this is a multi-step process, and I began attempting it using Drilldown questions, but don't know how to do that and allow the user to select multiple institutions, much less display their addresses in editable fields. In addition, it looks like drilldown questions can only take 10,000 values maximum, and this exceeds that.
Any other question types or workarounds I can use to do this?
Any help or insights would be much appreciated!

Why don't you map the counties to their respective states/regions and split the drill down question. Then you can use display logic to show the relevant counties based on the selection.
The last part about multiple select appears to be a little more complicated, however, it should be possible with javascript.

ahmedA thanks for the response! That should work to get around the max value issue.
I'm not proficient with Javascript, but can certainly play around with it if I find some resources for similar issues. Glad to know it's at least possible on the platform though.

Leave a Reply