How to redirect to the next available survey in a chain with full quotas using one link? | XM Community

How to redirect to the next available survey in a chain with full quotas using one link?

• 12 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I hope this message finds you well.
I am trying to create a chain of 50 surveys, where each survey in the chain has a quota of 30 respondents. I want to create this chain across surveys and use one link to distribute all the surveys. I expect some degree of coding to be required for this task, and the challenge I am facing is that I want to redirect the respondents to the following available survey if the current survey's quota is full without showing the survey with the full quota to them.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide guidance on how to achieve this, what is the best approach and what steps should I take?
Your help and expertise are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

What I think you're looking for is the Survey Director https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/web-distribution/survey-director/ feature.
The conditions can include quotas having been met, so this may help. I would note however that a quota is not filled by someone entering the survey, but by them completing the survey. Which means you could have more people in each survey than intended, without them reaching the next logical survey in the flow, because until each quota is filled, there will be additional people in each survey that are "in process". (Custom end-of-survey paths back to the director might help with that concern.)
In any case, I think the director functionality is what you are looking for. I hope the link above helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You're question is a little unclear. What does "chain of 50 surveys" means. Is the chain 50 long?
What does the quota of 30 mean? Do you really want only 30 responses?

Leave a Reply