How to reduce space below survey header graphic and survey text? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello , please can someone help us? We are about to launch a global survey and we would like to reduce a redundant space between the survey header graphic and survey text. Please see attached graphic with space marked with red cross. 

Many thanks, Neil

Hi @neilpw,

If you’re using classic template try to use below code:

.Skin .QuestionText {

padding: 0px;

}

Let me know if this works for you :)

I tried adding 

.Skin .QuestionText {

}

I put it at the beginning of the first box, in HTML view, and the result was those characters were displayed as first line of text:

.Skin .QuestionText { padding: 0px; }

I have also tried putting <script> before the above code, but then I get an error message saying JavaScript is not allowed. Am I doing something wrong? (Apologies I am a beginner with html)

Hi @neilpw,

Go to ‘Look & Feel’, ‘Style’, ‘Custom CSS’ & try to paste below code as shown in below screenshot: 

Use below code:

.Skin .QuestionText {
padding: 0px !important;
}

let me know if this code works for you :)

Thank you Sachin, I tried following your instructions, but there was no effect.

Hi @neilpw,

Please allow mw to know which template you’re using & if possible please let me take a look at your survey once. 

I tried adding 

.Skin .QuestionText {

}

I put it at the beginning of the first box, in HTML view, and the result was those characters were displayed as first line of text:

.Skin .QuestionText { padding: 0px; }

I have also tried putting <script> before the above code, but then I get an error message saying JavaScript is not allowed. Am I doing something wrong? (Apologies I am a beginner with html)

for CSS, you should use style tag instead. Put below script in your Look and Feel » General » Edit Header » Click Source » Paste code and click Save. Refer below screenshot.

<style>

.Skin .QuestionText {

padding: 0px !important;

}

</style>

Dear Arun, I tried to add the <style> script and got an error: 

“Error: Question QID2 has not been saved. You are only allowed to use a subset of HTML markup tags.”

As a team we have now decided to accept the spacing as it is. 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Leave a Reply