I need to randomise 50 questions and on every 10th question ask the participants how they feel. | XM Community
Solved

I need to randomise 50 questions and on every 10th question ask the participants how they feel.

• 8 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Any ideas how best to do this. I can obviously randomise 50 questions easily so I'm assuming I need some way of implementing a question counter and then running some code that says on every 10th question, ask an addtional question about how they feel.
Even just some basic pointers to begin with would be helpful.

icon

Best answer by CamM 10 December 2021, 08:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi TheSav, I'm working on the assumption that each of the "how do you feel" questions are separate survey questions. With that in mind, you can achieve this without code or a counter.
If you include all 50 questions - in addition to the "how do you feel" questions - in a single block, then you can just use Advanced Randomization to achieve the desired outcome.
Per the screenshot below, you can add all 50 questions to the "Randomize questions" section (i.e. the green box). Then you can use the "Fixed display order" section to simply display 10 randomized questions, followed by a "how do you feel" question, then the next batch of 10 randomized questions followed by another "how do you feel" question etc etc.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Cameron
image.png

Badge +1

Thanks CamM that is entirely what was needed. 😁

Leave a Reply