input texts all set to be 'short' but come different size? | XM Community
Solved

input texts all set to be 'short' but come different size?

• 17 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I can’t figure out why my form fields are not all equal size? They all set to be ‘short’. but for some reason, when I ‘inspect’, I see that some inputs are created with inline css style=”width: 60px”, and it seems to be totally random! I don’t have any custom JS for the sizes
<input autocomplete="off" class="Short InputText QR-QID21-10 QWatchTimer" id="QR~QID21~10" name="QR~QID21~10~TEXT" style="width:60px;" type="text" value="" data-runtime-textvalue="runtime.Choices.10.Text" aria-labelledby="QR~QID21~10~label">

<input autocomplete="off" class="Short InputText QR-QID21-11 QWatchTimer" id="QR~QID21~11" name="QR~QID21~11~TEXT" type="text" value="" data-runtime-textvalue="runtime.Choices.11.Text" aria-labelledby="QR~QID21~11~label">

icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 17 July 2023, 18:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @nonufrie,

This is known discrepancy with the setup, having said that you can easily over come this by following below steps:

1. Navigate to your question and drag the text box horizontally and make a note of dimensions shown while you drag

2. Once the desired size is achieved, drag other boxes till you achieve exact same dimensions.

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Wow! Thank you!
It did help - though they all questions  did look the same in the survey builder, but dragging back and forth seemed to reset something, so now they look the same size in the preview too.
Btw, I first post this question to Quatrics support team, and they didn’t know the answer!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Glad to know that I was able to help @nonufrie!

Badge +2

Hi! I’d like to ask something similar. In my case, even if I resize them all by hand to the same size, out of 4 consecutive Essay text box question, 3 are the same size and the 4th one is unusually large! Why would that be the case and how to solve it? Thank you so much!

Leave a Reply