Is it possible to have a conjoint follow-up question with more than 2 choices? | XM Community

Is it possible to have a conjoint follow-up question with more than 2 choices?

• 2 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Can anyone tell me if this is possible using JavaScript or any other way? We are planning to use Sawtooth for the analysis, so it doesn't matter if having more than 2 choices messes up the analysis on Qualtrics. I just need to know if I can build the conjoint this way.
Thank you in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Carolinedavies ,
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Do you want a conjoint follow up question in a standard generic survey in between the set of multiple choice and other questions?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi omkarkewat
Thank you for your response!
I want a question like below, but with more than 2 options (such as a likelihood scale).
Screenshot 2023-02-02 160018.pngBut when I go to edit the conjoint, my only option is a dual-choice question (see below).
Screenshot 2023-02-02 155943.pngIs there a way to do this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello Carolinedavies
I tried very hard for the past few days to find out the solution but it was all in vain. I believe your requirement is not possible to achieve. But we can try a workaround for it like create a matrix question with likelihood scale in the block below the conjoint block. And the statements of the matrix question will contain the attributes asked in the conjoint questions in the form of embedded data piped in.
image.pngI also tried adding display logic to the statements but it doesn't seems to work.
Will come up with any new solution if I get any.

Leave a Reply