Is there a way to make a survey flow loop? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi. I am working on a survey project where I need participants to be able to go back to a specific question/block and select another choice and be able to do that over and over again until the select a specific choice. I am wondering if it is possible to create a sort of survey flow loop. I tried to do this with branch logic, but I am having a problem. Let me break down the situation so that it is easier to follow
Question 1 is the question that I want to go back to. It has 3 choices: A, B, C. and participants who select a choice will be taken to a different question that corresponds with the choice, I have it set up in survey flow to do that using branches. Then, once the participant has seen that question, they will be taken back to the block where Question 1 is. And it does display Question 1 again.
The problem comes that when I add the block where Question 1 is, it does not keep repeating the branch, and instead if I select a different choice, it ends the survey. I need it to be a loop. I am not sure how to do that. There would be other sections to the survey that I planned to make accessible by just inserting another branch to a specific choice. So if I added a choice D, the loop would end and the participant would move on.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Attached will be my survey flow.
Survey Flow.png

There is no survey flow loop functionality in Qualtrics. The closest you can come are:

1. Loop and Merge block

2. Table of Contents

Maybe an easier solution is to make Question 1 a multi-select, followed by branches for A, B, and C.

I messed around with the Loop and Merge block but it does not do what I need it to. and I am currently trying to get access to the Table of Contents feature, as my account does not have it. For a second I thought about enabling the back button, but I want to be able to time how long a person was viewing the questions for choices A, B, and C.
Is there no way to make it work using code? Disclaimer: I know very little about code.
Edit: So using in page display logic I was able to get around the loop problem. But now I have a different one. As I mentioned, I can't make use of a back button because I need to record how long the questions are displayed. When I add a timing question, it records the time for "Question 1" rather than the questions that pop up when you select A, B, or C.

Leave a Reply