Left question numbers blank, but "." shows up in place in preview. How do I get rid of the periods? | XM Community
Solved

Left question numbers blank, but "." shows up in place in preview. How do I get rid of the periods?

• 3 February 2020
  • 6 replies

I left the question numbers blank, hoping to have no question numbers in the survey.
!

In preview, however, I don't get blanks. There are periods in place of the blanks. How can I get rid of them?
!
icon

Best answer by rondev 3 February 2020, 13:58

View original

6 replies

Badge
hi @SLEE

this is a setting in the 'survey options' in the survey platform.

all you need to do is jump into the survey options and un-check the box for 'Show Question Numbers'.

then save the options and publish.

thanks
Ben
Thank you Ben. What do I have to do if I want to disable 'Show Question Numbers' just for these two questions, but want to show the numbers for the others?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
> @SLEE said:
> Thank you Ben. What do I have to do if I want to disable 'Show Question Numbers' just for these two questions, but want to show the numbers for the others?

Paste the below code in the JS of both questions:

`jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .ExportTag").hide();`
Thank you again! 🙂
Badge

how do I make the question numbers box blank? hoping to have no question numbers for my first question in the survey

Badge +3

Jinaki
If you leave question number box blank, on "preview" you get to see a "." in place of question number. Instead, give a label to the question and add the below code in addOnload function in Javascript.
jQuery('.QuestionText').find('label').css("display","none")

Leave a Reply