Looking for good sources of documentation | XM Community
Skip to main content

I’m pretty new, and one thing I’m struggling with is finding good sources of syntax documentation.

For example, the getQuestionInfo () functions seems like it could be useful at times. I think I saw something like getQuestionInfo.ID as one of the properties. It would sure be nice to see a complete list of all the properties. The Qualtrics JavaScript Question API guide doesn’t seem to have such a list. Where is a struggling programmer to go? This is a general question that is broader than just getQuestionInfo().

Thanks

@LarryKap the Qualtrics API guides; where I believe you have been looking is the best source I am aware of.  I have programmers I use to do the coding typically on my behalf, so may not be the best source of guidance here - however do find quite a lot of info on this site and use it to provide the details of different functions we are looking to use.  

XM Community and Qualtrics API guide will help you a lot 

I found this PDF online that lists some common javascript/HTML codes that you may want to use when building surveys: https://psrc.princeton.edu/sites/g/files/toruqf1971/files/html_tips_tricks.pdf

@LarryKap - If you want to see the properties of getQuestionInfo() do this:

console.log(this.getQuestionInfo());

then explore it using the Inspect → Console feature of your browser.

If you like to learn by example, there are a  bunch of Qualtrics code snippets here.

Leave a Reply