Loop & Merge w/ different media files (videos)? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello, newbie here. I'm creating a simple experiment where I ask the same question but with different media files, all of them videos. Loop & Merge is ideal for this, in that I can just keep the one same question but fill in Field 1 with all the URLs. But when I put in ${lm://Field/1} as a part of the source of the embedded video, it doesn't work. I'm also exploring how to use JavaScript, but I'm struggling to find ways how to quickly access all of the media files using JS (i.e., using the loop through array function). So there seem to be multiple solutions here - any would be appreciated!

Hi torys
Loop and Merge do work for me and media files are played for all the loops.
Just wanted to share the steps I followed, I have uploaded media files in Qulatrics library and passing the URLs in L&M Field. Also below is the source code of video tag which I used in my experiment. Hope this helps.

You can add any HTML to the loop and merge field. It's most probably not working because you are previewing the block/question and not the survey.
If its not working in the survey preview, then check your console to see if whether qualtrics is allowing content to be sourced from your hoster, if not change that and it should work. Also, make sure the entire video tag is in one line.

Thanks PraDeepKotian_Ugam and ahmedA! Is there any short cut as opposed to listing all of the 272 URLs in Field 1?

do you still have the video of the steps you followed? I cant see it

Hello,

Joining up with Cwako - could you probably share the video again, showing how you’ve done it?

Thank you very much in advance : )

Leave a Reply