Lowercase embebe date in Invitation | XM Community

Lowercase embebe date in Invitation

• 18 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • QPN Level 1 ●
  • 35 replies

Hello, I have the name and surname in capital letters in my directory and when I personalize the email I would like to use this data but in small letters. How could I?

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Use the css text-transform property in your message html:
${e://Field/name}

Badge +1

I tested and don't work in the invite, what happen is that change the order and put FirstName with capitalize.
 In the invite we need to panel field data and not embedded data (so m:// and not e://)
${m://Field/FirstName}
Maybe we could use javascript in invite?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/48573#Comment_48573You can't use JavaScript in an invite. It won't run on email clients.
If your names are all uppercase,

text-transform:capitalize
doesn't help because it only changes first letters in lowercase to uppercase. It doesn't change uppercase to lowercase.
You said 'embedded data' in your post title so I took you at your word and gave you $e in the answer.

Badge +1

Got it! Capitalize do not work, because i have the names in the directory with all Uppercase, do you know the command to just put first letters in lowercase, and the other uppercase?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/48582#Comment_48582Unfortunately, I think the only way to solve this is export the contacts, update them to the proper case in a spreadsheet, and upload the changes.

Badge +1

And if we give 2 orders? something like:

${m://Field/FirstName}

But this one does not work :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Only one text-transform can apply to an html element and there isn't any way for the first character to be a separate element. Since the text is all caps it can either be lowercase using text transform or all caps.
As I wrote above, the only other alternative is changing the text in the contact records.

Leave a Reply