Mobile survey preview showing different information | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear all,

I have created a short JavaScript code that randomises some parts of the text shown to my respondents in a specific question. The randomization works fine but I am just struggling to understand why the mobile survey preview shows different information compared to the computer survey preview for the same question during a test. I always thought that the mobile version is supposed to present the exact same information/text as the computer version but just in a different format/view. I am attaching a screenshot to help visualise the issue. What am I missing? Thanks a lot in advance for your help. 

The JavaScript that does the randomization is running in each html preview frame (desktop and mobile), so it is randomly picking different things. 

Thank you for your reply. Will this be causing any issue in terms of data saving and reporting or is this something I should not worry about? One additional question: in case this is likely to create problems, should I work on a way to avoid the JavaScript running in each html preview frame separately?

Thank you for your reply. Will this be causing any issue in terms of data saving and reporting or is this something I should not worry about? One additional question: in case this is likely to create problems, should I work on a way to avoid the JavaScript running in each html preview frame separately?

It won’t cause any issues with your actual survey. It is a preview only issue.

If it is causing issues with preview that you want to avoid, the simplest solution is the turn off the script in the mobile preview frame.

Thank you so much for the helpful answer. Appreciated!

Leave a Reply