Multiple calculated fields based on text entry | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! long time listener, first time caller with much appreciation for this community. I’ve poked around several posts with similar requests and found this code that does something similar to what I want (Dynamic Excel Spreadsheet in Qualtrics - YouTube), but I’m afraid my JavaScript knowledge is just too rudimentary for me to adapt what’s out there.

Part of my survey involves participants using a residual earnings model to estimate the fundamental value for a company. I would love to be able to take the inputs participants enter into text boxes and use them to create a table with calculated fields that displays on the same page.

Participants provide estimates for: (1) cost of capital (%), (2) long-term residual earnings growth rate (%), and (3) four years of net income estimates (e.g., 2023 - 2026) - so 6 entries, which I currently have split into three text-entry questions. Based on their entries, I want to show them a table like this:

The 9,309 closing book equity for 2022 is a predetermined value, but the remaining values are calculated using a combination of participant inputs. For example, 2023 residual earnings = 2023 net income estimate from participant - (closing 2022 book equity*participant’s estimate for cost of capital).

If this is too complicated/involved, I completely understand! If it’s not feasible, would it be possible to help me figure out how to at least display just the final fundamental value (based on a really long formula combining everything from the table above :)) on the same page once they input their estimates? I want them to be able to change their estimates and see how the value changes as well.

Thank you so much for your time and any and all help!

-Christina

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply