Not receiving embedded data when using website's session storage JavaScript | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am looking to pull embedded data into Qualtrics using JavaScript values from a website's session storage. I have input the session storage values property path within the embedded data option of my survey intercept and have added the embedded values to the survey flow. However, I am still not receiving any data within the Data & Analysis tab for these fields. 

@Aldonahue Hi, what’s your variableName looks like? Are you setting the value in a JavaScript expression/call?

Hello, thanks for following up on my question. I wanted to follow up with some clarification one whether I was using a correct expression/call. I am relatively inexperienced with JavaScript, so I am unsure. The steps that have taken are listed below.

For example, within in my survey intercept> Under options> embedded data.

where the JavaScript Value: is the full property path that of the value that I copied from the from the website's session storage.

Then I have set the embedded data value in my survey flow as such

Then I have set the embedded data value in my survey flow as such: 

Hello, thanks for following up on my question. I wanted to follow up with some clarification one whether I was using a correct expression/call. I am relatively inexperienced with JavaScript, so I am unsure. The steps that have taken are listed below.

For example, within in my survey intercept> Under options> embedded data.

where the JavaScript Value: is the full property path that of the value that I copied from the from the website's session storage.

Then I have set the embedded data value in my survey flow as such

Name: City is just the name of your embedded data. What’s in the value text box should be the name of the object/key that’s holding value (e.g: sessionStorage.city).

Hope this helps

the Value that Input as the java script value is

houseHoldDetails.Household.applicantAddress.city

However, the key is intake_applynow_state

Leave a Reply