One clickable choise per column in a multplie choice likert question | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

One clickable choise per column in a multplie choice likert question

• 18 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Hey guys!

Right now I have a likert multiple choice that has two columns and four options. I want users to be able to select the same option in both rows, but not be able to select more than one option per column; if they click on a second option in the same column, the first one should disappear like a regular multiple choice and the second should be selected. Is there a question type that does this or some code?

Thanks!
It sounds like you want a transposed matrix where the rows are the answers and the columns are statements. Check "Transpose" in the question options.
Hey @GabrielRibeiro ,

What you can do is,

1. Swap your statements and scale points to begin

2. Select Transpose Table option from panel on right side.

3. !

!
Hi @GabrielRibeiro

Can you try transpose table and check?

Here is the documentation:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/standard-content/matrix-table/#AdditionalOptions
Thanks guys!

Transposing the table works but I forgot to mention - one of the options is an "Other" (please put text), and I'm not able to do that by transposing. Is there an easy fix?

Thanks!
Since you can "allow text entry" on the choices even if it is transposed, I'm assuming you want to enable text entry on one of the scale points.

An easy fix is to add a follow-up text question with in-page display logic that displays if the "Other" scale point count is greater than zero.
For other you can trigger question on same page by applying in page display logic.

Leave a Reply