Personal survey link management | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am building a diagnostic survey that is only sent to one individual at a time, as they are requested. With the CRM platform we're using, seemingly the best way to manage this is to simply generate a link to an individual survey one at a time in Qualtrics, and include this in a templatized email via the CRM system using the workflow we've set up.
Is there a good way to do this with Qualtrics without having to assign personal links to specific contacts? What I really want is to just be able to generate a personal link with an ID number (the code included in the URL itself would be fine), and attach that ID number to a real person stored in a system outside Qualtrics. Possible? What settings would I choose?
Thanks.
/mike

You could do the following:

1. Create a Qualtrics contact list with all the CRM ID numbers as the ExternalDataReference

2. Set your survey to allow anonymous responses

3. Add an Authenticator to the survey flow and pre-fill the ExternalDataReference

4. Use the anonymous survey link and append the ExternalDataReference as a url parameter.

Okay, I understand how that would work in general. Unfortunately it kind of defeats the purpose of what I was trying to accomplish, which was to not store any PII for the survey recipients inside the survey platform. Also, it looks like I have to select only one user who is able to authenticate via the Authenticator, but I might be looking at that wrong. I'll take a look at the help on that.
Ultimately I think the SSO is the way I probably want to go, but I have to figure out where the central authentication system would live and be populated.
/mike

Hi Trigrman,
Can you create a list of unique dummy email addresses (yourname+1@gmail.com, yourname+2@gmail.com, etc.) to generate the Personal Links with, attach the links to each record in your list outside of Qualtrics, and pull the ID number from each URL?

Trigrman said:

Okay, I understand how that would work in general. Unfortunately it kind of defeats the purpose of what I was trying to accomplish, which was to not store any PII for the survey recipients inside the survey platform. Also, it looks like I have to select only one user who is able to authenticate via the Authenticator, but I might be looking at that wrong. I'll take a look at the help on that.

You would only need to store the CRM IDS on Qualtrics.
An Authenticator is specific to a Contact list, not an individual.

Using this feature in Survey Options may accomplish what you need?
image.png

Here's another option in customized end of survey:
*(pardon my wavy line! Promise I'm not day drinking 😉
image.png

Leave a Reply