Pipe confidential data into a survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
I want to include 25 questions in a survey of the form:
---
Q: Please evaluate the following object: "$$$"
---
$$$ is the textual description of an object. My data base has over 100,000 descriptions; each description is about 100 words. The data is confidential. Therefore, the database is kept offline and cannot be piped through a web service (unless there is very secure authentication). Furthermore, the descriptions are fixed and will not change during the administration of the survey.
For a question in a survey, I want to choose one object at random (from the ~100,000 objects), display its description, and ask for its evaluation. What is the best way to do so? One option is that I could program all descriptions into a javascript script and then use a random draw to choose which description to show. Would that work or do you think that might cause the server to crash or become unbearably slow? Is there a limit to the length of the javascript that might preclude having that much information in it? Any other way to program the survey more efficiently?
Thank you!
Hannah

If you want security and efficiency, then use secure database hosting and create a web service which uses some secret key to provide response. You can also encrypt the textual description in database and once fetched you can decrypt it using JS

Hmm, I see --- use both authentication and encryption. Thanks, that might work. Any pointers on what web service to use?

Leave a Reply