Prevent duplication by typing (not copy-paste) | XM Community
Skip to main content

Is it possible to prevent participants from writing the same (or even better, similar) response in every given text box? For instance, if I allow participants to recall and write about <=10 experiences about a given context, how can I make sure they don't write the same/similar stuff in every box? I'll provide them with 10 boxes to write one "unique" experience in each box.
I found a different post on how to prevent copy-paste; not sure about how to prevent typing the same/similar thing.
I'd highly appreciate a solution or workaround. Thanks in advance.

The exact same sequence is possible. There are a few routes that you can take. One is custom validation, it has options for contains, does not contain and regex. While, regex is the most powerful, you'll have to customize it based on your requirements. However, I'm not sure if this will work with questions on the same page.
For the same page, you can look at JS. Basically, you'll be keeping a track of each answers value and then comparing it to the others on the page.

Thanks a lot, ahmedA. Could you please suggest JS codes that would work here? I am quite new to customization game.

Leave a Reply