Qualtrics parsing &timestamp as ×tamp | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am trying to redirect users to a URL (stored in the embedded data value targetURL) upon survey completion. The URL includes several parameters, including a parameter called timestamp. I cannot rename this parameter or change its order in the URL. Here is an example targetURL:

https://testsite.com/payer.do?orderType=Test_Qualtrics&orderName=testy%20testerson&amount=100&timestamp=1692293205102

When included in the URL, Qualtrics parses the &times portion of &timestamp= as a multiplication sign, leading to ×tamp in my URL.

var outURL = "orderType="+orderType+"&orderName="+orderName+"&amount="+amount+"&timestamp="+timestamp;

var targetURL = baseURL + outURL;

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addEmbeddedData("targetURL", targetURL);

If I use javascript to open a window to targetURL (window.location.replace(targetURL);)it works fine; the issue only seems to happen when using the end-of-survey redirect. Unfortunately, I need the survey completed and don’t want to rely on automatically recording an incomplete response. I’ve tried Qualtrics support, but they insist it must be an error in my javascript. I believe that if it was an error in my code then the window.location.replace method would fail as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

@mmoore 

The issue you're encountering might be related to how Qualtrics handles URL parameters and encoding. It looks like the timestamp value 1692293205102 is being converted into cramp in the URL. This could be due to how Qualtrics processes URL parameters and tries to sanitize them.

You can try using a different embedded data or encode the timestamp parameters and pass it. 

Hope it helps!

var outURL = "orderType="+orderType+"&orderName="+orderName+"&amount="+amount+"&timestamp="+timestamp;

Leave a Reply