Randomisation of randomly selected questions | XM Community
Skip to main content

I'm not sure whether Qualtics has a built-in functionality for what I want to do (randomisation of randomly selected questions), but also not sure how to solve this 😞..

Is there possible way to present randomly selected videos (10 from each blcok) in a randomised order instead of emotion by emotion? what I would like to do at the end is that showing 60 videos that are subseted from each emotion cateogy.. but in a completely randomised order (4 emotions will be added later!)

I also tried to put them all in the same block, but couldn't find a way to select even number of videos across emotions randomly.. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

There are a number of ways to do this. I assume one question = one video (although if the answer choices are the same for each, loop & merge would be better).

One way to do it:

Create a multiple choice for each emotion category with a choice for each video, apply advanced randomization to randomly display 10 choices evenly presented, and hide with JavaScript. Put all your video questions in one block. Add display logic to each question to display it if its corresponding choice in the hidden category MC question was displayed. Randomize the questions in the block. 

Leave a Reply