Randomization under condition | XM Community
Solved

Randomization under condition

• 2 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
Dear all,
In my survey, respondents will randomly see one of two blocks of questions. So far, so easy, I can just use the randomize tool that Qualtrics offers. Then people will answer some other blocks of questions which are the same for everyone, no matter which block appeared before until they reach four blocks of questions that are related to the two randomized blocks from the beginning. Here two blocks belong to one of the random beginning blocks respectively. Of those two blocks only one should be shown, so again randomization is necessary. However, this time it needs to be under the condition that the respondent answered the first block that belonged to the follow ups. Since this might be a bit confusing, following the two possible scenarios:
* Block 1 randomly appears --> set of blocks unrelated to block 1 --> Block 2 and 3 are Treatment and Control group of Block 1 and one of them should appear randomly to respondent
* Block 4 randomly apears --> set of blocks unrelated to block 4 --> Block 5 and 6 are Treatment and Control group of Block 4 and one of them should appear randomly to respondent
* It is important that, if Block 1 was randomly chosen in the beginning, not Block 5 or 6 appears randomly to the respondent.

I can't really figure out how to do it so I would really appreciate your help! Thank you in advance!

Cheers!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 2 October 2018, 01:28

View original

2 replies

Badge
Just one more info: The first blocks have nothing to do with socio demographics but are questions about trade
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So, you can check this with the help of embedded data...
Create an embedded data let say "BlockIdentifier" and then put it in a group with block 1 and assign a value to this embedded data as "Block1" likewise you will have to put the same embedded data in a group with Block 4 and assign a value as "Block4".
Now put both the groups in a randomizer.
So, this way you will know which block is shown to the user.

Later have a branch logic, if BlockIdentifier is "Block1" then randomly select "Block 3" or "Block 4" similarly, if BlockIdentifier is "Block4" then randomly select "Block 5" or "Block 6"

Go through below documentation, regarding grouping.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/grouping-elements-in-the-survey-flow/

Hope this help!

Leave a Reply