Randomize questions and set slider to previous answer | XM Community
Solved

Randomize questions and set slider to previous answer

• 5 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello there,

I am developing a questionnaire in which participants are presented 40 different behaviours that they have to rate using sliders (-3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3).
These 40 behaviours are randomized. Now, with each question I want the slider to be pre-set at the value of what the participant answered for the previous question (first slider will obviously be set at 0).

Does someone know how to do this? I know how to pre-set the slider but only when you already determine the order of the questions (the 40 behaviours).

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 7 October 2018, 11:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You will have to capture the slider bar question data into an embedded data through JavaScript and you will have to keep overwriting the same embedded data with previous question data and then set the default value for all the slider question to that same embedded data.

I hope that, every slider question is getting asked on it own (different) page.
Anyone that can provide further assistance on how to capture a slider bar response into a variable?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
one solution you can follow (if showing 40 behaviors on separate screen):-

Make only one question with slider scale(-3 to +3) and add it in a block.
Make 40 branch logic for each behavior and keep calling same block under each branch.
This will overwrite the data in original variable to have your data store for each behavior keep storing data in embedded variable.

Leave a Reply