Randomized and groupe piping of text from datafile | XM Community
Skip to main content

I did some searching and couldn't find a fitting solution, but I suspect that this may have been answered before, so apologies if this is a repeat.

So, I want to conduct a survey where people are first asked if they belong to group 1 or group 2. Then, each of the participants will be shown ten texts with 2 questions for each task (they are asked to annotate the sentiment of the text). So, it should show one text + 2 questions → click next → text #2 and 2 questions → click next → text #3 and 2 questions, etc. 

However, the participants will not be shown the same 10 texts. The texts should be randomly taken from a csv with a column “annotation_task” that contains 300 potential text tasks that Qualtrics can pick from. The complex thing now is that I always want 2 participants from group 1 and 2 participants from group 2 to annotate the same 10 tasks. Meaning, there will be “packages” of 10 texts that should always be shown to 2 participants belonging to the groups, 4 in total then. In the end, I want to see if the people within + between the groups agreed on their annotation of the task.

I hope this explains my idea. 

I have some knowledge on programming, HTML, CSS, but unfortunately not in Javascript. I wanted to ask if anyone here has a clue on how I could do that and can point me in a suitable direction? I am very glad about any tips! 

Thanks a lot! 

*grouped

@AhrKat - You’ll need to keep track of the matched participants externally, which means you’ll need a backend web service that you access from the survey flow or from javascript via ajax. 

I seem to remember a similar question where someone wanted to match two participants.

Honestly, based on the background you provided, you’ll need to find someone that can help you.

Leave a Reply