Record Last Question when partially completed responses are set to complete. | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Record Last Question when partially completed responses are set to complete.

Hi All,

in the In progress part of the survey data and anlysis, there is a field called 'Last Question'. For surveys that remain partially completed and then after a week are converted to completed, it would be great to record the question they reached. This field doesn't seem to be available outside the in progress part and so I probably need to find a work around. Any bright ideas (the simple the better) would be greatfull. We have over 100 questions in the survey by the way and so I would rather not be setting up a field and adding an embedded field below each question (perhaps by block would be doaable) but please let me know all your ideas first so that I can figure out what might work.

!

Thanks

Rod
Hello @Rod_Pestell ,

You can add a header script as - on submit capture the QID in an embedded data.
Hi Shashi,

That sounds like that will work for future response - thanks. Please could you help advise on the script? I assume when you say header you, mean I add a script to the header part of the theme window? Do you have to publish the survey to make this active?

I had a quick look and am thinking the script will involve the method setembeddeddata (https://s.qualtrics.com/WRAPI/QuestionAPI/classes/Qualtrics%20JavaScript%20Question%20API.html#method_setEmbeddedData)?

Also, is there any way to do this for past responses?

Thanks.

Rod
Hi @Shashi,

Any chance you could advise on the script to use in the header. I'm a VBA programmer but not java so would be grateful for some initial help.

Thanks

Rod
@Rod_Pestell Just wanted to hop in here and suggest you contact support to file a Feature Request. I just did too because the data exists and I want it!

Leave a Reply