Removing Previous Button from Loop & Merge Question with Timer | XM Community
Solved

Removing Previous Button from Loop & Merge Question with Timer

• 1 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a Loop & Merge question that is timed (participants see an single image on their screens that automatically switches to another every 8 seconds using timer).
I want them to not see a previous or a next button during this process.
I have read that the JS function below does not work in timed questions and can confirm it did stop working once I added the Timer.

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function () {
  $('NextButton').hide();
  $('PreviousButton').hide();
});

I did found a workaround where you can add the timer for auto-advance and then add a delay for the next button for a longer period (i.e. auto-advance 8 seconds; delay for next button 10 seconds) which means the participants move forward automatically without ever seeing the next button. However, this does not prevent the previous button from appearing.
How can I also prevent the previous button from showing on a looped timed question?
Thank you 😊

icon

Best answer by NiC 1 December 2021, 17:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

hi TGM ,
The JS code written above might not be working, but the Qualtrics defined methods do work.
and Qualtrics has the following methods
image.pngsrc -> https://api.qualtrics.com/instructions/ZG9jOjIwMTY2NzUy-javascript-question-api

using this i was able to hide both the next and previous button. Please find the survey link below:
Preview - Qualtrics Survey | Qualtrics Experience Management
In case you need to see how i have added the code below is screenshot, we need to add this code in the loop and merge question
image.png

Badge

This worked brilliantly! Thank you so much for being so clear in your answer 😊

Leave a Reply