Rename multiple TIckets | XM Community
Solved

Rename multiple TIckets

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
What are the ways to amend the title of a ticket or subticket once it's created?
I need to amend the title of various subtickets / tickets. They vary somewhat and need to be made consistent so that the filtering in my dashboards work as expected.
I'm wondering how best I can do this. In the past I've setup a workflow action task where by if I change the status to temp then it runs a command on that ticket but this is only really for repeat tasks and meaning I'd have to change the code each time to change the title which is rather clunky and very time consuming.
I was wondering if there is a way to use API with a CSV file or a temporary mail list with a script that would do a lookup in the mail list or CSV file where it looks up the TicketID and changes the name of the tickets.
I'd export the ticket details (eg ID and name etc.) to a CSV file, make a new column with the new names using excel. The names differ alot but excel could do most of the work. Were' talking 1000's of tickets here so I need to do this programmatically.
Any help on this would be great
Thanks
Rod Pestell

icon

Best answer by Deepak 2 November 2022, 16:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
Still trying to work out how best to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/20946/rename-multiple-ticketsRod_Pestell if still needed, 2 ways to do this :
Include ticket ID and ticket name in a blank survey project, create 2 embedded data and import the data after creating the workflow. Create a workflow that works on survey is responded and condition is survey is imported.
Include the update ticket task and pipe in the details that you would like to update as embedded data that you are using to import as csv.
Once you start importing data the workflow will run and update all tickets at once.
2nd way is to do via API (https://api.qualtrics.com/ff7c5c93097b4-update-ticket). I won't prefer it.
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Deepak, Thanks for the reply. I've had a little play with the API route (via excel which seemed to work quite well - you're just limited to a call once every 2 seconds). I wasn't sure if an empty survey and import method event would work but perhaps now that I've read you're method - maybe it would have done. Checking that the ticket names had changed ok seems a little easier via API as I can just set the vb code running and let it update.

What was you reason for preferring the empty survey? just speed?

Thanks

Rod Pestell

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Rod_Pestell
Preferring the survey approach, because there were just 2 steps: importing the file, including embedded data, and creating the workflow. As it is Qualtrics' inherent task, I preferred that as it has less chance of error and if the number of tickets is huge there wouldn't be any limitation v/s API has a 10000 rows limit I believe per run.
If the API route worked for you that's great I have used both I liked this better.
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply