Scoring a short series of questions as one | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all, Qualtrics novice here. I am trying to score a series of questions (ie 13a, 13b, 13c, and 13d) so that if the user answers yes to any number of those questions, it adds a total of only 1 point to their score (rather than 1 point for each "yes"). If they say no to all of those questions, I want it to add 0 to their score. What is the easiest way to do this?
Thank you!!

We can use branch logic, and set an embedded data (eg: score) to 1 if any of those questions is answered yes else 0

Thanks! That makes sense. I can see how to create a branch that is triggered if the user answers yes to any of the parts. And I can see how to set a variable equal to the score.
But, I can't figure out how to increase the score variable by 1 or how to then make sure the score variable is somehow connected with total score, including answers to other questions. Could you walk me through these basics?

But, I can't figure out how to increase the score variable by 1 or how to then make sure the score variable is somehow connected with total score, including answers to other questions. Could you walk me through these basics? => Create an embedded data (eg: TotalScore) and use math operation to add scoring option score and this new score(which is based on 13a, 13b, 13c, and 13d) and store it in TotalScore.

Leave a Reply