Script to change color of rank order | XM Community
Solved

Script to change color of rank order

• 30 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Can anyone help with a script that changes the (background-)color of the RankOrder questions ?

icon

Best answer by Deepak 30 November 2023, 19:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@Anne-Lene 

You can include CSS below in look and feel> custom CSS

.Skin .RO .DND ul li {
background: blue;
}

Badge +1

@Deepak 
I’m honored that you replied - I already used some of your codes, you provided to others! :) But this bit does not seem to work - tried writing it, tired copy-pasting. I need the rectangules to have a specific color, and it does not react at all. Any advice ?

While I am at it, could I be so lucky that you can also give mit a bit that changes the font-style for the labels in single-A and multiple-A and matrix questions ? I already adapted the text across the survey, but “inside” the questions, I havent found out how to yet. 

Thanks a million

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@Anne-Lene 

Kindly try and preview the survey code should work.

For other query can you create another post?

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

@Deepak is right, it’ll show in preview mode but not in the look & feel window.

If you’re talking about the numbers background try this :

.Skin .RO .DND ul.NotEdited li:hover .rank, .Skin .RO .DND ul.Edited .rank {
background: blue;
}

Badge +1

@deepak: Thanks again. It did not show in the preview mode either, but it worked as soon as I changed the Qualtrics layout.

@vgayraud: thanks very much. Oddly, as I changed to the classical layout, the format of the background and the frame of the numbers changed automatically to rounded corners, without touching the code.

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

If you were using the simple layout, it’s very possible that it wasn’t working since class names are often different. As for the rounded corners, each layout has its own css style. I assume that the flat layout has square frames and that the modern one has rounded frames.

Leave a Reply