Search function on drop down questions | XM Community
Skip to main content
I am looking to create a drop down question so people can select from a decent sized list of options. It would be great if I could make it a search bar that automatically populates letters as participants type. I am not a Javascript person, so if anybody has an exact screenshot of how this would look in the JS editor, if this is possible, it would be awesome. Thanks!
Hello @over3520 ,

This functionality is present in qualtrics inbuilt drop down.

If you want to use this feature extensive then you can use jQuery Autocomplete
Shashi,

Do you mean when it is a drop-down and if you type a letter it takes you to that area in the drop-down list or can you do more of what I am looking for as an actual search bar that you could type multiple letters that autopopulate? I can't find the feature that you may be referring to?
> @over3520 said:

> Shashi,

>

> Do you mean when it is a drop-down and if you type a letter it takes you to that area in the drop-down list or can you do more of what I am looking for as an actual search bar that you could type multiple letters that autopopulate? I can't find the feature that you may be referring to?

1. when it is a drop-down and if you type a letter it takes you to that area in the drop-down list - This is present in the qualtrics

2. can you do more of what I am looking for as an actual search bar that you could type multiple letters that autopopulate - This can be done using this
Where would I post this code? I am a very basic HTML user and that is it. I have done 1 Javascript function : ) Do I paste this in the JS editor or somewhere else?

What was the right way to have an actual search bar?

@Umang Upadhyay - You can use select2. I think there are a number of posts on the Community about it.

Leave a Reply