Show embedded documents depending on respondents' choice on same screen | XM Community
Skip to main content

survey.jpgHi all,

I need to build a survey (platform) with the following characteristics (sketch of what it should look like attached): 

• Respondents need to review information about application documents and then make a decision whether their evaluation is positive or negative.

• The whole experiment should be done on one main screen, which is split into 3 parts (see screen 1, screen 2, screen 3). Screen 3 is optional, its content could also be integrated into screen 1 if that is easier.

• Respondents should be able to access different types of information about a given application, by clicking on buttons 1/2/3 on screen 1. All the information that is accessible on the main screen belongs to the same application.

• As a result of clicking on either of these buttons, the corresponding information should be displayed on screen 2 (document 1/2/3, one at a time). This should all happen on the main page, i.e. the respondents should not need to go back and forth between pages to access documents 1/2/3 but they should appear interactively as they click on button 1/2/3.

• After accessing all the information they wish, the respondents should then submit their decision on screen 3.

• Since each respondent should evaluate multiple applications, the whole main screen should then refresh to let the respondent access information about the next loan and evaluate it.

• Ideally I could track which pieces of information are accessed, i.e. which buttons the respondent pressed.

Is it possible to do this in Qualtrics and, if yes, how? The closest I got, was to have buttons 1/2/3 as a multiple choice question and then to embed document 1/2/3 as an image that is shown depending on which option is selected in the multiple choice question. The main issue with this approach is that respondents have to go to a different page to view documents 1/2/3 after selecting the corresponding button and after that go back again. 
Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best wishes, 
Laurenz

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply