Show progress bar as # of questions rather then % | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! I would like to show the participants how many questions they've already answered over how many are left (e.g., 12/50), rather than having a progress bar that shows the progress in percentage. I could create en embedded data for it, and have it appear as piped text, but I can't seem to find the code for "question number". I'm new to coding, so I don't understand a lot, but I'm already using a timer in my survey in that format: "You have $e{round(e://Field/TimeLeft / 60, 0)} minutes left.", so I thought I might just need to change the variable of "time" with "question number". Hope this is clear... Thanks for your time!

You can manually put the question remaining (12/50) as the first line of each question. OR
If you are doing question randomization then using JS we need to increment a counter every time next button is clicked. This counter will show the total question answered
OR
If you are using randomizer see this post.

Thank you, rondev, for your answer. Indeed, my questions are randomized (I should have mentioned this in my original post!), so the manual solution won't work. The counter for the next button would work, though! Could you tell me how and where to implement it (as I said, newbie in programming)?

Leave a Reply