Table format multiple choice or Additional information columns on matrix | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to replicate an in person experiment I did as an online version on Qualtrics.  I therefore wish to adhere as closely as I can to the format of the experimentalist version.  So far none of the Qualtrics options seem to be what I want.  For reference here is how the question looked in the experiment

Multiple choice did not allow for table formats as far as I could find.  Matrix bipolar seemed close to an alternative acceptable format but would require being able to add additional columns on each side.  See below for an example of what I would want that to look like:

If the first screenshot is a possible format, that would be preferred, but if not, then I need to be able to add additional columns to the bipolar format with this distributional information.

Will this require Javascript?  If so is there a tutorial to use it in the Qualtics context?  My experiment ran on python, so I am not as familiar with javascript.

The first image can be easily created by using CSS and JS on a matrix question.

The first image can be easily created by using CSS and JS on a matrix question.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply.  I was able to make the second version using a matrix and HTML since there was a rich text editor for the questions.  That being said, I would still prefer the first.  Are there any articles you can link me about implementing CSS and JS in qualtrics?

Leave a Reply