Terminate if all categories selected on a previous question was selected on the current question | XM Community
Solved

Terminate if all categories selected on a previous question was selected on the current question

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have 4 questions in a survey. An occupation question, province question, an age question and a category purchased question.
Do you work for...?

1. market research company

2. media group

3. advertising company

4. home improvement store

5. pharmacy store

6. liquor store

7. none of these

Province:
  1. Alberta

2. Quebec

3. Ontario

4. None

2. 18

3. 19

4. 20-34

5. and so on

Category purchased:
  1. pharmacy

2. liquor

3. home improvement

4. none

How can I determine if a respondent works (occupation) in all categories that they selected in the 'category purchased' question so I can screen them out?

icon

Best answer by SurajK 27 July 2020, 20:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi rarcega ,
You can compare the selected choice recode of both the questions and terminate. Create 2 embedded variable and pipe the selected choice recode in it and after that using the branch logic compare if both are same then terminate. See below,
image.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

So for this to work, the recodes for the category purchased should be the same as the occupation question? For example, occupation is 5 for pharmacy and therefore it should be 5 for pharmacy on the category purchased question too?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Yes, that's correct. Ideally we should keep the recode values same for the similar option throughout the survey.

Leave a Reply