Tracking choice revision | XM Community
Solved

Tracking choice revision

• 14 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

When a user responds to a single/multiple choice question (more than one question per page), I want to record their first response and the subsequent ones in case they change their mind. I am interested in choice revision, but I am unsure how to be able to measure it on Qualtrics within an online quantitative experiment.

I know the timing question records time until a first click is made and the time for the last click on a page, but I want to know which item was initially chosen on and additionally there are several questions on the same page. 

E.g. Participants should choose a product out of 4 options. By choosing they receive environmental feedback on overall purchase on top of the page. Based on this feedback they might change their initial choice and choose a different option out of the 4 options.

Any help is much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by ArunDubey 14 December 2023, 10:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

You will need to play with JS. You can create hidden OE question and capture the option label text based on option’s checked input tag.

Badge +1

@ArunDubey Hi, thanks again for your fast help and reply! Sorry for getting back on this topic again, but I encountered a problem. 

I created an OE question and created a code that I inserted in the multiple choice question that comes before the OE question. Both are on the same page. The counting for the new variable is working as I can see it in the console, however I get this error message with the code: [Error] TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'document.querySelector('#QR\\~QID64').value = valueToStore')

(anonyme Funktion) (Anonymes Skript 5 (Zeile 158))

So it seems somehow not possible to transmit the variables to the OE question.

This is the code snipet of the multiple choice question that addresses what I want to have:

let checkedCount = 0;

let uncheckedCount = 0;

answerElements.forEach(input => {

input.addEventListener("change", (event) => {

if (event.target.checked) {

checkedCount++;

} else {

uncheckedCount++;

}

console.log(`Checked: ${checkedCount}, Unchecked: ${uncheckedCount}`); // Added for debugging

const valueToStore = `Checked: ${checkedCount}, Unchecked: ${uncheckedCount}`;

document.querySelector('#QR\\~QID64').value = valueToStore;

});

});

Can you help me with this? Thanks in advance your help is much appreciated!

Leave a Reply